Care of Coffee Table Books
You’ve just received your gorgeous new wedding photo album – a beautiful collection of memories from the most special day of your life presented in a stunning, premium keepsake. This album is one of the most precious tangible items that remains from your wedding day when all is said and done, and it’s important to take care of it so that your memories won’t fade away. Take these precautions when handling and storing your wedding album to ensure that these cherished mementos will stand the test of time and last for years to come.
Follow these recommendations
- Keep your coffee table book out of direct sunlight. Even the best quality materials are subject to cracking or fading if exposed to direct, bright sunlight for prolonged periods of time.
- Avoid subjecting your coffee table book to extreme changes in climate including excessive dryness, humidity, or extreme heat or cold. All of these conditions can affect the state of your album in a negative way.
- When storing your coffee table book, do not cover it with plastic. If there is humidity in the air, this moisture could become trapped, and mould may begin to grow.
- Use only a soft dry cloth if you feel the need to swipe any of the pages. Do not apply too much pressure. Never use cleaning products or water as this may permanently damage the prints.
- Avoid touching the face of the print. Turn the pages by gently holding the edges.
- Never attempt to rub the surface of the image with your finger or fingernail as this could scratch the surface of the print.
- Genuine leather covers. To keep it soft, supple and preserve the matte-finish, wipe it down with a slightly damp cloth. This easy-to-do step will also pick up any loose dirt particles on the surface. Apply a small amount of leather conditioner once a year to keep the leather soft and protected.
- Leatherette covers. Wipe it down with a slightly damp cloth. This easy-to-do step will also pick up any loose dirt particles on the surface.
- Personalised printed covers. The personalised covers are all laminated, it is safe to wipe it down with a slightly damp cloth.
- Wooden covers. The Rustic wood covers are not treated after engraving. I suggest only that you use a soft brush and keep it dry at all times. To clean a bamboo cover, it is safe to wipe it down with a slightly damp cloth.
Storage and usage
You’ll want to enjoy your beautiful wedding album time and time again for years to come and share the memories with your friends, family members and loved ones. When turning the pages, take care not to use fingernails as this may damage the edges. Instead, use your fingertips to turn the pages. Ideally, you will store your album flat inside a protective case or cover. Taking these precautions will help you preserve your memories in this lovely keepsake that will be passed down generation after generation.